Sunday, August 10, 2014

Janine Kilty is VL Magazine Artist of the Day


© Close Upon By Janine Kilty

© Park Street Dream By Janine Kilty

© Novelle By Janine Kilty
"I work in a realistic style that draws on my studies in atelier painting techniques to create contemporary works that have been described as evocative and engaging.  I am especially inspired by the works of Velasquez, Sargent, Sorolla and Beaux.

To me, every image is a narrative: not only genre scenes, but every still life and portrait, as well.  Sometimes the story is obvious, sometimes it is enigmatic. Often the story that emerges with one of my paintings surprises me. With portraiture, I strive not only to capture the likeness, but to find the "story": the spark of personality, the force of experience and the promise of things to come.  Like a story, I believe a painting is only completed with the engagement of the viewer.


I believe the primary goal of any painter should be to create beautiful images, no matter what the message." - Janine Kilty





No comments:

Post a Comment