Friday, August 9, 2013

Pamela Blaies is Visual Language Magazine Artist of the Day

© Tea on Tuesday By Pamela Blaies

© Bashful By Pamela Blaies

© Pears and Cherries By Pamela Blaies

"I create representational oil paintings using the alla prima technique.  With alla prima painting, a work is completed while the paint is still wet.  Using this wet-on-wet technique, I often employ thin, transparent washes along with impasto texture which add depth and interest to my paintings.   The time limitation of this technique motivates an energetic pace to my work and helps to keep my inspiration fresh. I prefer to paint from life and am inspired by the effects of light and shadow in the world around me.  Black paint is not part of my palette.  I use color mixes and complements for shadows and lowering color intensity.  My limited color palette offers a virtually infinite color range and helps me to organically achieve color harmony.   I enjoy exploring the new inspirations I find each day." - Pamela Blaies

http://pamelablaies.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment