Monday, September 16, 2013

Michael Maron is VL Magazine Artist of the Day

© The Lobsterman's Truck By Michael Maron

© Maggie's Toys By Michael Maron

© Tulips At Danforth Road By Michael Maron


"I first started my painting career as a ten-year old in the 1950’s when I took watercolor lessons from Marvin Saltzman.  A gradually developing (and undiagnosed until some years later) case of nearsightedness however diminished my interest.  (How can you paint something that you can’t see clearly?)  By the time I was outfitted with glasses, I was on my way to a career in science.  For thirty years, I taught medical students how their lungs worked and did research in pulmonary physiology and pathophysiology at the Northeastern Ohio Medical University.  Some fifty years after my first lessons, my wife Dawn and artist Joye Moon, convinced me to pick up a paintbrush again.  Along the way, I have been privileged to learn from Joye, Judith Kinsman, Dennis Rafferty, Guy Corriero, Russel Whitten, and of course my immensely talented wife."
- Michael Maron




No comments:

Post a Comment