Sunday, July 13, 2014

VL Magazine Artist of the Day is Nancee Jean Bussee

© Lilies On The Windowsill By Nancee Jean Bussee

© The Wild One By Nancee Jean Bussee

© Tiger By Nancee Jean Bussee

"I paint the things that make life worth living for me: landscapes, the natural world, and wildlife, especially birds. These things remind me that life is elegant and beautiful. Sometimes I paint simple things that feel vivid and full of life, like flowers or pets, or an image I can’t get off my mind.I paint using acrylics, brushes, and panels or canvas. The vibrant colors and creamy textures of modern acrylic paint make me happy. Depending upon the subject matter, I either apply the paint thickly and pay close attention to each brushstroke, or use layer upon layer of thin, light-refracting glazes. My subject matter is important in determining the method with which I paint.I paint realistically because I developed my drawing skills from an early age. Now I am exploring ways to combine my realistic style with less representational elements. I am striving to honor the beauty of the natural world within the context of my own inner vision.  I paint because I love it!"
 - Nancee Jean Busse


No comments:

Post a Comment