Sunday, December 7, 2014

VL Magazine Artist of the Day is Aixa Oliveras


© At The Threshold By Aixa Oliveras

© Desvelada (Sleepless) By Aixa Oliveras

© Ascension By Aixa Oliveras


"My paintings center on the space between the conscious and unconscious self.  I juxtapose the human figure (conveyed in a figurative, realist style) against a dreamlike narrative, which in turn conveys a sense of unreality, mystery and displacement. 

One of my favorite quotes that serves as inspiration for me is from Shakespeare - "There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Through my paintings I endeavor to express one of the ideas behind this quote, that the extraordinary can be found in the midst of the ordinary." - Aixa Oliveras

No comments:

Post a Comment