Friday, February 14, 2014

Barbara Haviland is VL Magazine Artist of the Day


© Old Blue Truck By Barbara Haviland

© Strawberries In A Glass Jar By Barbara Haviland

© Roses and Roses By Barbara Haviland
"I am mostly a self-taught, raw artist who draws inspiration from the world around me.  I love taking workshops to further my learning.  You can never cease to learn something new.  I usually paint from my photos.  I love bright, bold, rich colors.  I feel satisfied when someone can see the love I have put into the piece that I have created whether it is a landscape, a floral, a portrait, or a seascape. At this stage in my art career, I enjoy painting in Plein Air.  It is both exciting and frustrating.  Light changes, and shadows move, but I love it!  A paint brush is my favorite tool.  You can just about do anything with a brush and some paint.  Painting brings out my passion.  It is like reading a book; you can go anywhere.  It is my escape.  The problems of the world fade away.  For a few moments, it is just me and the canvas.  I feel as though I am meant to create art.  GOD has blessed me in this way." - Barbara Haviland



http://barbarahavilandfineart.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment