Sunday, February 9, 2014

Liz Jones is VL Magazine Artist of the Day

© Coloration By Liz Jones

© Multi Swirl By Liz Jones

© Golden Mirror By Liz Jones

"Many years ago as a student at Washington University, I began painting in a nonobjective/ abstract manner and have continued to do so.  For me, this is a natural form of expression. My paintings are unique, distinctive for their bright colors and vigorous construction.  Underlying the surface intensity are subtleties of movement, a shifting of planes, leading the viewer into depths within the 
surface. When I begin a painting I usually have some idea in mind.  It might be a mental image of colors, lines, shapes, maybe a colored sketch.  After the first placement of color and line what is actually on the canvas or paper leads me

to continue adding to the image until the work is completed." - Liz Jones







No comments:

Post a Comment