Monday, July 8, 2013

Dora Atwater Millikin, Artspan VL Artist of the Day


© Three Cranes by Dora Atwater Millikin

© Halcyon by Dora Atwater Millikin

© Dora Atwater Millikin

© Ship Side by Dora Atwater Millikin

© Standing By  by Dora Atwater Millikin


My work is about paint.  It is about composition and it is about my struggle with color.  I don't ever want my viewer to believe that my paintings are recorded statements on what I think I see.  Rather, I want my audience to be aware of how I have interpreted what I see and how I feel about my subject matter and how it can be transformed through paint.  Being a hands-on person, I find the activity of painting so complex that I can rarely think my way through the process, instead, I need to feel my way through.  Dora Atwater Millikin



No comments:

Post a Comment