Friday, July 26, 2013

Visual Language Magazine Artist of the Day is Jimmy Longacre

© Autumn Mood By Jimmy Longacre

© Driftwood Post Office By Jimmy Longacre

© RisingUp By Jimmy Longacre

"I describe my painting style as Subjective Realism.  Although my paintings are representational, based upon the things around us, I’m not really interested in giving a literal account of  “reality” as I find it.  My desire is to apply design and color to induce a more poetic experience that will resonate with inner feeling. I aim to manipulate the visual vocabulary of light, shadow and form in a way that touches intuition and emotion.  My paintings call for your personal participation.  My greatest satisfaction is in seeing them find a place with those who decide they want to live with them." - Jimmy Longacre

http://longacreart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment