Sunday, October 6, 2013

Diane Hewitt is Visual Language Magazine Artist of the Day

© Over A Mountain Road II By Diane Hewitt

© Lake Como, Italy By Diane Hewitt

© Shi-Shi Beach By Diane Hewitt

"I am 'under the influence' of nature!  Nature and travel have inspired the majority of  my paintings, which consists of landscapes, bodies of water, home structures, pets, and anything else that moves my spirit.  It can be something as simple as the texture on a distant mountain, or as elaborate as a field of flowers at sunset.  My favorite medium at the present time is oil, although  I have studied watercolor and still practice with it when I travel.  I now find myself exploring more and more 'en plein air', and at being able to finish more paintings 'alla prima'.  If my art can bring a smile to someone's day, I feel complete."
 - Diane Hewitt

No comments:

Post a Comment