Monday, November 18, 2013

Sara Taylor Mills is VL Magazine Artist of the Day

© Buzz In A Box By Sara Taylor Mills

© City Legos By Sara Taylor Mills

© Iron Man in Stripes By Sara Taylor Mills
"As my work juxtaposes themes of simplicity with excitement, there are other paradoxical elements that play a role in making these ordinary objects opportunities for exploration and reconsideration.  I often work in series, focusing each painting or panel on a single object rather than in narrative scenes, allowing the interaction between these independent paintings determine the voice of the work. Drawn to objects with shiny or reflective surfaces, much of my work has revolved around childhood toys.  These paintings pull together themes of the hand crafted versus the mass-produced, childhood versus adulthood, and reality versus imagination.  As I continue to explore these reminescent toys in my current work, I have begun to introduce other everyday objects into my paintings." 
-Sara Taylor Mills



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on being the artist of the day! We are all so proud!

    ReplyDelete