Monday, December 9, 2013

David Terrar is VL Magazine Artist of the Day

© Working For A Living, Tilghman Island By David Terrar

© Coast Guard Aux By David Terrar

© Cold Day On The Marsh By David Terrar
"I am now at a point where I can devote myself entirely to painting.  For the past few years I have been working full time painting with some considerable success and sales even in the current economic downturn.  I love Maryland's Chesapeake Bay region.  I find there is a spiritual connection by painting  plein air landscapes in the marshes, swamps, wet lands, a lot of grass, water and workboats of crabbers and oystermen.  My ideas for paintings come from observing rural Maryland and the Chesapeake Bay region, particularly late in the day as the sun is about to go down.  When I am alone in solitude near the Bay, I feel the presence of the Creator.   We have been given a brief glimpse of beauty.  It is our duty to share the beauty." - David Terrar



No comments:

Post a Comment