Saturday, December 14, 2013

VL Magazine Artist of the Day is Diane Whitehead

© New Couple On The Block By Diane Whitehead

© Roping and Riding By Diane Whitehead

© Bruno Bear By Diane Whitehead


"Animals are my muse. The scratch of the paw, pounce of a hoof, gesture of the head, alert ear, quiet stride, powerful shape, ancient wisdom. All come to play with the shapes I see as I paint.
I am drawn to the natural beauty and coloring of an animal and am aware of how it must adapt to it’s surroundings, to become invisible to the hunter, visible to the same species to mate, and powerful enough to scare off predators. The bold color I see is like an animal aura, with such energy and emotion, it is difficult for me to ever tone down my color palette."
-Diane Whitehead 




No comments:

Post a Comment