Friday, December 27, 2013

Katharine Cartwright is VL Magazine Artist of the Day

© Charles' Law By Katharine Cartwright

© Ohm's Law By Katharine Cartwright

© Weaving the Fabric Of The Universe By Katharine Cartwright
 "My natural tendency is to think in images rather than in words, and my  paintings are expressions of those thoughts. The foundation for my work is the intended concept, or idea, which derives from my unique perception of the world. When a concept forms, I explore it for years by creating a series of paintings that result in concept expansion and nuanced meanings. The lexicon I use for expression includes not only the common morphemes such as the elements and principles of design, but also a hybrid vocabulary of unique and unusual combinations that support the concept. Each series varies in duration and significance, and may occur simultaneously with another." 
- Katharine A. Cartwright

http://www.kacartwright.com/

1 comment:

  1. I am a huge fan of Katharine's work. Brilliantly rendered concepts, and very fine art!

    ReplyDelete